The CV-47, often referred to as AK-47 is one of the 6 assault rifles featured in Counter-Strike: Source. It is normally only available to Terrorists, but zombies cannot use weapons. Counter-Terrorists can buy one through !zmarket. Although it is the most popular rifle (and perhaps weapon) in Counter-Strike: Source, it is not half as popular in the Zombie Escape gameplay.
These specifications are generalized to make it easy for people who want to play the zombie escape mod, and therefor only the specifications of the weapon relative to the gameplay will be displayed for easy understanding.
|Damage||min = 26
max = 143
|Knockback (against zombies)||Bodyshot = Low|
Headhot = High
|Recoil (of the weapon)||High|
|Rate of fire||± 11 shots/s (30 clips/magazine)|
|Reloading time||Very Fast|
The CV-47 is by far one of the most popular assault rifles along with the Maverick M4A1 Carbine. However, due to its high recoil after a couple of shots, it is much less popular in the zombie escape gameplay. Technically, it is even completely useless unless you are very skilled in headshots. The CV-47 is known to instantly kill an armored player if it headshots, but this is absolutely not the case against zombies. Still, it can occasionally be seen in the gameplay just because it's so popular.
Since many players do not believe this, we will still put its advantages and disadvantages appart to show you why its not that good for this gameplay:
- Its very, very accurate and provides very high damage. So if you prefer to deal high damage to zombies to force them to cover, then this weapon is useful.
- NEVER shoot more than 4-5 bullets/trigger. Doing so will give this weapon an unusually high recoil, thus losing its efficiency.
- Headshotting is its real power because it gives a high to very high knockback. Combined with the trigger-technique, it can still make you a valuable player against single-targets.
- It has a high recoil. Shooting more than 5 bullets can make it a useless weapon unless re-triggering.
- It is not really outmatched against the speed of zombies, but you should always switch to knife or pistol to escape, because they will catch up with you in time.
- Despite its high knockback and damage, because of the recoil, it can only be used temperately, contrary to the submachine guns!
- It is not even able to hold off 2 zombies, so its only efficient for single-target. For this reason, only 1 player should actually carry this weapon, along with high skill for headshotting (usually players who favorise this rifle can do this).