The Schmidt Scout, usually referred to as Scout is one of the 4 sniper rifles featured in Counter-Strike: Source. This weapon is an exception amongst all others because it is always restricted in the Zombie Escape gameplay.
These specifications are generalised to make it easy for people who want to play the zombie escape mod, and therefor only the specifications of the weapon relative to the gameplay will be displayed for easy understanding.
|Primary attack||Yes||Bolt action|
|Secondary Attack||Yes||Zoom in x2 (Scoped)|
|Damage||min = 56
max = 299
|Knockback (against zombies)||Bodyshot = Unknown (Probably low-moderate)|
Headshot = Unknown (probably very high)
|Recoil (of the weapon)||None (only 1shot/trigger)|
|Rate of fire||1 shots/s (10 clips/magazine)|
|Speed reduction||Highly increased|
The Schmidt Scout is a restricted weapon among all servers for several reasons:
- It is the lightest weapon of all, so usually players would buy this weapon just to run as fast as possible, without backup or cover or even trying to shoot.
- It is completely unefficient if knockback power is combined with its rate of fire. It could not even hold off 1 zombie.
- If all players would carry this gun, there would be no gameplay.
- Admins might carry this gun, but it would be for fun rather than any other reasons.
- This sniper rifle would be heavily outmatched by the allowed Magnum Sniper Rifle.
- Rarely, some servers allow the use of one Scout (to be used by one random player).
For all these reasons, the Schmidt Scout is mostly never seen.